On July 18th, my sister flew up to Portland and we all went to
Andina to celebrate my mom's birthday. Andina is an awesome novo-Peruvian place David, surprisingly, introduced to me on an earlier trip to Portland. It's in the Pearl district, just a short walk from my mecca, Powell's.
Here are a few of the small dishes we shared:
wantan de mariscos
conchas a la parmesana (scallops)
tuna kikkei (my favorite of the 3 cebiches -- cold raw salads -- we ordered)

tortilla de patata

yuka rellena

pimiento piquillo relleno

anticucho de pollo

my chocolate mousse dessert -- the cookie was amazing!
Oh, Sara, I used medium size photos this time -- is it better?
6 comments:
medium size is just right
FYI:
It stopped showing pictures at Yuka rellena. (Possibly this is inherent in Blogger, as I remember someone said Blogger is not good with many photos on one post).
Peruvian food! YUUUUUUUUUM.
I just had a whole bunch of Peruvian food at a fundraising dinner for a Peruvian bird Preserve/non-profit run by a friend. It was fantastic!
I like food pictures--keep 'em coming!
I reuploaded those missing photos. Hopefully they'll stick. I guess I'll have to either do some harsh photo editing from now on, or break my photo-heavy posts into multiple parts.
wow that looks so yummy. I'll have to come visit you so we can go there. I've never been to Portland...
Post a Comment