Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Weekend in Portland - December 28, 2008

Sunday was a rainy day, so we spent much of it in the Pioneer Place mall. We had a light breakfast at Starbucks, then wandered around the mall. I took some photos while David was in a game store buying some games for his DS. :)




Then we stopped at the food court for a quick lunch, then back up to the top floor for a movie. We saw Yes Man, with Jim Carrey. It was pretty good. It had been ages since we'd been to a movie. I think Wall-E was the last one. I guess we need to be officially on vacation and "out of town" to get ourselves to a theater these days.

That evening, we walked to Kenny and Zuke's deli for dinner. I didn't realize that they only served sandwiches. I was hoping for some dishes like stuffed cabbage. Oh well.

David was very pleased to be having deli for dinner.

We sampled two root beers. The Bulldog was sweeter and less bubbly. The Virgil's tasted spicier.

David and his meatloaf sandwich.


My hot dog (which I tried with sauerkraut for the first time ever) and potato knish. The fries were pretty tasty.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Ooooo...I want to see Yes man! I haven't seen a movie in months...