I have never before seen this type of scene out my front window on Christmas morning:
It's a white Christmas!
Every year, Mona somehow figures out that it's Christmas. It usually starts on Christmas Eve, when my mom brings out her stocking items, against my dad's wishes. This year, Mona was primed and ready Christmas morning. When David opened the door of the room where we were staying, she was right there, waiting for us to get up. Then she ran over to the kitchen counter where she had last seen the stocking the night before.
Mona doing the Christmas stocking dance.
Mona doing the Christmas stocking dance.
She ate so many of her treats that morning, but she had to fight David for this one
We did a slow, leisurely present-opening. Even with just 5 of us, and fewer presents than often, it still took over 2 hours. Many of the gifts were promises, since the mails were backed up due to the snow, so lots of packages hadn't arrived yet. Some highlights below:
Mom's "socks." The funny thing is, she did the exact same thing for the socks she had ordered for me. Which still haven't arrived. Hmm... [Edit: they came today!]
Sara admiring her new wristwarmers. This time, I made them with cables and a thumb gusset!
David and a new book of trivia.
Mom opening up the box of Sweet Hot chiles. This is really a gift for all of us.

David and his latest toy (Nintendo DS).
Dad and his Willamette Valley Pinot Gris.
Sara will always have her Friends around now!
Me with one of the many long-sleeved Ts I got.

Dad with Black Butte Porter. And Mona, looking ready for a nap.
Mom's "socks." The funny thing is, she did the exact same thing for the socks she had ordered for me. Which still haven't arrived. Hmm... [Edit: they came today!]
Sara admiring her new wristwarmers. This time, I made them with cables and a thumb gusset!
David and a new book of trivia.
Mom opening up the box of Sweet Hot chiles. This is really a gift for all of us.
David and his latest toy (Nintendo DS).
Dad and his Willamette Valley Pinot Gris.
Sara will always have her Friends around now!
Me with one of the many long-sleeved Ts I got.
Dad with Black Butte Porter. And Mona, looking ready for a nap.
This house's living room is so large, the room didn't feel totally cluttered after all the gifts were opened. It was a new experience.
3 comments:
I can't see the first four pictures. :(
They should work now. There was weirdness with posting those first 4 pictures. The post got uploaded 4 times -- I deleted 3 of them. When I went and checked now, I could see them, but the photo was on "local host" or something. Anyway, should be fixed.
Yes, yay! Technology is complicated sometimes.
Post a Comment