Snow in the sunshine.
My parents and cousins went out playing that day -- I think to the Gorge -- but we were moving at our usual pace, so we couldn't join them. Instead, we drove out to Hillsboro for lunch and to go to REI to pick up an order.
Hillsboro is a great place to go for open space -- all those farms.
Lunch at the Helvetia Tavern. That's a regular-sized cheeseburger (not the jumbo), a half-order of onion rings (of which we ate about a third), and tasty fish with soggy chips.
Interestingly, this blog post I found likens the burgers to In-N-Out, which is what I said when I tasted it! Our closest In-N-Out location is 425 miles and 7 hours away, in Redding, so it's nice to know the Helvetia Tavern is nearby, when my Double-Double cravings get too strong.
No comments:
Post a Comment