Thursday, February 19, 2009

Saturday evening

We saw a lovely sunset later that evening.


Oooh...

Aah... There are beautiful mountains surrounding Las Vegas. Here's a glimpse through the clouds.

For dinner, we went to the Grill at Valentino, a cheaper addition to the fancy Valentino. Yet another amazing Italian meal in Las Vegas.

Bruschetta. The tomatoes were a bit salty, and the bread was very garlicky. But still yummy. :)

David anticipating his spaghetti and meatballs. I tried a taste -- the meatballs were soft and flavorful.


My penne with tomato sauce and mozzarella. Yum yum yum!

I wish we could have lingered over dinner, but we had to rush a bit to get to the theatre to see...

Phantom!

We got the tickets last minute, just before dinner (and ended up getting a bit of a discount, which was nice). Some info about the show:

"Phantom is an all-new 95–minute production that includes every song from the original and reunites Andrew Lloyd Webber, Hal Prince and others from the show’s original creative team."

"With spectacular sets, new illusions and a breathtaking chandelier experience unlike anything you have ever seen, Phantom is a can't-miss experience that promises surprises that will astound new audiences and loyal Phantom fans alike, and it’s only at The Venetian."

For me, it was worth half the ticket price just to see the opening sequence, in which the chandelier pieces swirl around over the heads of the audience, and drapery is whisked away to reveal the full theatre set. The rest of the sets and set changes were also impressive. I won't say any more, because I don't want to give it away. :)

However, I was not happy to have the songs stuck firmly in my head for the next 3 days. Damn you, Andrew Lloyd Webber....


After the show, Roberta and I shared some cappuccino gelato.

No comments: