Growing up in California, I always took umbrage when people belittled California's seasons. We do too have seasons, I'd respond, they're just subtle and blended.
As much as I love the subtlety and mildness of the California seasons, I'm really enjoying the more dramatic Pacific Northwest changes. I felt like it went from summer to fall over the course of a week. Temperatures dropped (which is not to say that we haven't had warmish days since), the rains came in (although we've had a lot of dry sunny or partly sunny days this month), and the colors started coming out!
I've collected here some of my fall colors shots taken over the month of October.
As much as I love the subtlety and mildness of the California seasons, I'm really enjoying the more dramatic Pacific Northwest changes. I felt like it went from summer to fall over the course of a week. Temperatures dropped (which is not to say that we haven't had warmish days since), the rains came in (although we've had a lot of dry sunny or partly sunny days this month), and the colors started coming out!
I've collected here some of my fall colors shots taken over the month of October.
The tree on the right side is in front of our living room window.
Morning fog covering the colorful trees in the hills surrounding the Zoo.
Driving east on Farmington Road. Notice the blue sky. The second half of October was very sunny, with Mount Hood reappearing on the horizon.
No comments:
Post a Comment