Heading east on 26. The trees are changing color, which adds more definition to the forested hills.
Downtown Portland.
I-5 bridge to Vancouver, WA. "Leaving Portland."
And "Entering Washington." It doesn't look that much different from Oregon, does it?
The drive north wouldn't be that bad, if it weren't for the other cars. Things crawled a little through Portland, but we were able to drive in the carpool lane. Heh heh. The drag of driving really hit up near Olympia. Road work caused two lanes to be closed, leaving just one open. That merge delayed us about 45 minutes. But I did have the time to notice exit 108: Sleater-Kinney Road and texted my sister that tidbit.
We had plans to stop for dinner at the Olympic Club in Centralia, WA. Centralia is an interesting little town: a mix of cute old building facades and run-down looking fast food places and convenience stores. I think its main claim to fame and notice is its location mid-way between Portland and Seattle. We arrived around 8pm, found a table, and quickly ordered root beers and tots. I had a beer and steak stew over noodles, which sounds gross, but was pretty tasty; kind of like boeuf bourguignon.
We had plans to stop for dinner at the Olympic Club in Centralia, WA. Centralia is an interesting little town: a mix of cute old building facades and run-down looking fast food places and convenience stores. I think its main claim to fame and notice is its location mid-way between Portland and Seattle. We arrived around 8pm, found a table, and quickly ordered root beers and tots. I had a beer and steak stew over noodles, which sounds gross, but was pretty tasty; kind of like boeuf bourguignon.
The highlight of the Olympic Club was this sink in the ladies room. (Fortunately, there was a normal sink right next to it.)
No comments:
Post a Comment