On October 18, David and I tried two new food places. First, Pho Van, a Vietnamese place in Beaverton Town Square.
David got Bún Bò Lá Lốt: "Minced beef wrapped with “lá lốt” and grilled." Unfortunately, he didn't enjoy it much. I tried a taste, and the beef was rather gamey. I faired better on my meal. I had Bún Thịt Chả Giò: "Pork marinated in honey and lemongrass grilled over an open flame and crispy spring rolls filled with minced pork and shrimp." Very tasty, along with a mango juice.
David got Bún Bò Lá Lốt: "Minced beef wrapped with “lá lốt” and grilled." Unfortunately, he didn't enjoy it much. I tried a taste, and the beef was rather gamey. I faired better on my meal. I had Bún Thịt Chả Giò: "Pork marinated in honey and lemongrass grilled over an open flame and crispy spring rolls filled with minced pork and shrimp." Very tasty, along with a mango juice.
Bún Thịt Chả Giò
After lunch, we walked over to Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe. I was impressed by how the woman behind the counter asked each of us our chocolate preferences, and then chose a sample for each of us based on our response. Mine was a dark chocolate espresso truffle, I believe. Mmm. We decided to get chocolate drinks and sip them in the cafe.
No comments:
Post a Comment