Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Meeting Sara at MAX

Sara was supposed to fly up from San Francisco on 12/22, but her flight was canceled due to the NW snowstorm. I spent that entire morning online and on the phone, trying to get through to the airline and/or figure out some alternative. Their lines were completely down; I finally got past the busy signal to hear a recorded message telling me that my call could not be completed. Sara even went to the airport and stood in line for an hour to see if she could get on a later plane. No such luck.

Anyway, she surprised us all by getting up at 4am the next day and getting on a flight to Portland. My parents couldn't get out of their driveway to get to the airport, so she took the MAX to Beaverton. David and I picked her up at the MAX stop near us.

The short walk was treacherous. And there she is, with only a backpack, and without a hat, of course!

I thought ahead and brought an extra hat with me, just in case.


Sara struggling with the snow. It turns out her slouchy boots were not designed for such weather.

No comments: