So, because David had so nicely driven and dropped me off that Sunday morning, I found myself stranded at OES in a snowstorm.
View from our classroom window, as I was packing up.
I decided to call my parents. After all, they live only 5 minutes from OES. Maybe they could pick me up and I could hang out at their place while David drove out to get me. Can you tell I've never dealt with snow driving before?
Walking toward the parking lot.
The OES bell tower.
The parking lot where I usually park.
I wandered around, marveling at the snow and taking pictures, when I got a call from my parents. My dad had attempted to leave the house, but his truck had started slipping on their hilly street. My mom's chains turned out to not fit the tires on her new Prius. I called David and settled in to wait some more.
Watching the snow fall from the (relative) protection of the Lower School covered walkway.What's the deal with these bulb plants? They seem confused.
The parking lot was getting snowier and snowier.
At this point, I finally realized that I was getting cold and was very thankful that I always carry my school keys with me. I decided to go into the Common Hall to continue waiting.
The Lower School playground. Even the covered area has a dusting of snow due to the wind.
The Lower School playground. The kids would have so much fun with this!
Once inside, I thought I'd head down to the Beginning School office and check my email. That's when I realized the power was out down there as well. So I wandered the hall, taking pictures out the window.
Snow-covered bush.Plants by the Beginning School entrance.
David showed up after only 30 minutes or so. We had a harrowing ride back. At the top of Laurelwood, which is a moderate slope, we stopped because a car ahead of us appeared to be slipping. Then we couldn't get friction again, and started sliding around on the hill! Eventually we got moving, and kept praying for green lights until we got home.
No comments:
Post a Comment