Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thanksgiving

This was the first Thanksgiving I'd ever spent outside of California. And I believe the first where I didn't see any members of the Scott family. :( Luckily, Sara flew up from San Francisco for the weekend, and Ed and Ruth drove down from Seattle, so we had a total of 7 people.

Getting ready to sit down. David, mom, Ruth, Sara.

Dad looking strangely cheerful. Maybe it's because it was such a small group.

Mom serving the soup.


Mmmm, squash soup with parsley.

Sara just loves pouring water for people.

Some traditional Thanksgiving yummies: 2 kinds of stuffing and sweet potatoes.

Our tasty turkey. I don't really like turkey, but at least this one was moist and flavorful.


More goodies: green beans and mashed potatoes.


I got some of everything, including the cranberry sauce and cranberry jelly.

Homemade pies: apple and pumpkin. It's taken years, but I finally enjoy pie enough to have a couple small slices at Thanksgiving. I mean, they're homemade, come on.

Sara getting up close and personal with her pie.


The obligatory Mona photo.


There were no kids at our dinner this year, so everyone just sat around and chatted. (Until I eventually got bored and wandered off to play with Mona.) I included the only 2 photos of me (on this camera) from that night. It's fun to compare the expressions of the 3 Alongi ladies:




David, Ed, and Ruth:



It was a very nice evening. I posted a video on Facebook, so check it out if you want some more action. :)

No comments: