Last weekend was my second cohort weekend. It was kind of hard to get back into the swing of things, but I found I remembered everyone's names.
Saturday was really hard because I was exhausted. Luckily, we started with an art activity. Each of us got a square of paper that had a black and white abstract image on it. We also got a black rectangular piece of construction paper and a piece of chalk. Then we had to transfer the image to the construction paper. The hardest part was the change in dimension: square to rectangle. I guess that was on purpose, to loosen up people's fears of making a perfect copy.
When we put the pieces together based on the numbers on the back of the original squares, here's what we got:
Saturday was really hard because I was exhausted. Luckily, we started with an art activity. Each of us got a square of paper that had a black and white abstract image on it. We also got a black rectangular piece of construction paper and a piece of chalk. Then we had to transfer the image to the construction paper. The hardest part was the change in dimension: square to rectangle. I guess that was on purpose, to loosen up people's fears of making a perfect copy.
When we put the pieces together based on the numbers on the back of the original squares, here's what we got:
Wow! It's Albert Einstein! (I did the wrinkly forehead piece on his left side, your right.)
Later, we presented our group lessons integrating the arts. My group did a lesson on insect body parts. The culminating activity was assigning groups a body part and having them write descriptive words on sticky notes. Then the entire class constructed a shape poem by placing the sticky notes in the correct body part locations. It came out looking pretty neat:
Those are very short legs.
At the end of the day, we presented our group Multiple Intelligence Board Games.
I thought this math facts game was pretty cool. It had 4 levels of difficulty for the problems, which then got paired up with a certain method for solving the problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment